Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week – 30 & 31 Temple Trips, Lepers, Dogs, & Songs



Sorry it has been so long since I have written.  But do not fear, I have stories for you.  First, the temple in Mexico City is being rededicated, so right now they are holding the open house.  Hermana Guerber and I were able to go twice with investigators.  They were very impressed by its beauty and took lots of pictures of the outside.  Because it’s in Mexico, the temple has a lot of cool Aztec designs.  My favorite room was the sealing room because everything was white and bright.  Last week my comp and I, and our zone leaders went to visit a hospital where about 15 leper patients are living.  We visited with about 5 of them and sang them hymns.  They loved it and one of them tried to sing the hymn back to us!  It was a special experience.  We have washed 4 dogs in the last 2 weeks, doing service.  I am really overcoming my fear of dogs.  These past few weeks Hermana Gruber and I have started every lesson with singing a hymn.  Our voices fit together quite nicely and we have had a lot of spiritual experiences in our lessons through music.  One of our less actives was crying when we sang, “I Need Thee Every Hour.”  Hermana Guerber goes home tomorrow so these past few days have been almost all food appointments because everyone wants to feed her before she goes home … and give her things, which has been great for me!  I have met a lot of really sweet families.  I gave a talk about missionary work in sacrament meeting.  My health little by little is improving, and by the end of my meds I should be rid of all evil.  “Adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise.  Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way….  We can learn wisdom, become stronger and experience joy.”   –Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment