Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week 25 - Baptism and Influenza












Many things have come to pass.  I am sorry I haven't written in awhile.  Hermana Salome was baptized.  The ordinance was a little tricky because she can't see, but we got it all worked out.  She told us she had a dream.  Two of her children passed away when they were just babies.  In her dream, she said that her two children were standing in front of the church, and it was weird because they were not babies.  They had grown up and looked like they were 6 or 7 years old.  They were waving her on and saying "Mom, we are waiting for you here."  I am grateful for that dream because it really helped her to have the faith to be baptized. 

We went to visit her a few days after her baptism and she was super sick because her blood sugar was really high.  We talked with her husband and he said he was heating up the food for them to eat.  He left for a second and I checked to see what  was heating up on the stove.  He was heating two pots of farm milk with rice.  My comp and I ran home and whipped up a quick chicken noodle soup with eggs and gave it to them to eat.  We went back to visit them two days later and they were like "Yeah, we are leaving, we are going to go live and work on a ranch in the mountains."  We were really happy for them because they have work, but we will miss them.  I know that her husband finally finding a job that can feed them is a blessing of Hermana Salome's faith to be baptized.

Hermana Lourdes was also baptized and her countenance has changed so much.  Before she was always so stressed and worried all the time and now she's smiling and calm.  We are really happy for her. 

We had changes this week and my companion and I are training a new missionary here in San Pedro.  We had a lesson this week with one of our investigators who can't read, talk, or hear.  He is married to a hermana in our ward and we have been teaching him through videos.  In this lesson, we watched a video of Christ performing miracles.  After the video, the wife talked to him through a type of sign language they can understand between the two of them.  She told him that if he has faith, he can be healed through a priesthood blessing and be able to talk. 

We had her ask if he would come to church and he said no because he has fear that his parents will be angry with him.  She explained to him that the has his own family to take care of, too.  I was thinking "What do I do when I need something from my Dad?"  I called over the daughter and I said, "Go give your dad a hug and a kiss!"  She did it haha !  Then he started crying and we talked about how Jesus would be sad if he wasn't at church.  He said he would come and he and his wife were crying and she was hugging him.  It was sweet and the Spirit was there.

Our cute new companion is from El Distrito Federal, two hours from the mission.  She is perfect. She is so ready to be a missionary and we are practicing her English because she wants to go to BYU ... just like me!  Right now, I have "influenza."  I have to stay in bed for a little bit.  Hermana Crickmore said it was going to be a surprise, but since I am sick she told me the exciting news ... her daughters are coming !!  She wants us to have a basketball game!  I love my family and friends. 


XOXO, Hermana Court 

No comments:

Post a Comment