Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 7 – San Pedro



Como han estado?  I am still living.  When President and Sister Crickmore came to pick us up from the CCM, all the Elders from our zone came to see us off.  Sister Crickmore looked at me and then she turned to the Elders and said, “she whooped you in basketball, didn’t she?”  Haha.  She’s awesome.  This week I have been camping out in my first area.  And by camping out I mean we don’t have running water …. I’ve become a pro at bucket carrying.  I’m actually featured in the picture to the left (below).  So San Pedro is the closest area to the volcanoes.  They are HUGE and sometimes they smoke.  This area is gorgeous.  We are surrounded by fields and mountains.  The people here are muy amable (friendly).  And the food … let’s just say I’ve gained ten pounds.  My trainer is awesome.  She’s from SLC and her name is Hermana Castillo.  I can’t understand a lot of what people are saying, but every day I understand a little more.  We have some great investigators, and a lot of them came to church this Sunday!  One thing I have learned this week is that families CAN be together forever, but that promise requires work on our part.  Not only do we need to complete the covenants necessary to return to Him, but we need to endure to the end also.  For me, this means family home evening, family prayer, and family scripture study, even if only one verse.  We have visited a lot of homes this week, and we can recognize how diligent they are in these things by how strong we can feel the Spirit when we enter their homes.  I LOVE YOU!  Thank you for your prayers!  

Hermana Cox 


No comments:

Post a Comment