Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 2


 

My Pistol Pete Maravich Jazz socks have been quite a hit here at the CCM.  Both with the Elders and the Latinos.  They are my good luck charm during basketball "lightning" tournaments with the district. This week has been superb!!  I am learning more Spanish!!  We watched an amazing devotional from Elder Bednar to the missionaries this week.  It has changed my life.  He talked about how when the natural man would turn inward, the Savior always turns outward in love and compassion. Elder Bednar also said that many people will often tell him "My family crossed the plains with the Martin Handcart company!"  His response is "Terrific ... what have you done lately?"  I've thought about that a lot this week.  I have been blessed to have close relationships with my grandparents and my great grandparents.  They have set an amazing legacy for their posterity.  It is time for me to decide what my legacy will be.  One last thing Elder Bednar said is "If all you've got is a testimony, you may be in jeopardy." An interesting thought to ponder.  I love you guys!!  Thank you for your support!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment