Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 1

I made it to Mexico and I am loving it here!! The CCM is gorgeous!! I will send pics next week!! Mexico City is very colorful .... the houses are all painted different colors and the traffic is insane. I love love love the people!! All of our teachers are Latin. They are seriously so sweet, humble, and patient. When they speak, the spirit is so strong. They are also so funny and always cracking jokes. The plane ride here had about 30 elders and 20 sisters. I was the only sister going foreign. There are two elders in my distrito who are going to my same mission!! The spirit here is so strong. I always feel happy and blessed. The language is hard. Not being able to tell my investigators certain things because of the language barrier breaks my heart. But everything else is going well. The food here is delicious. We have gym time everyday!!!!!! We played basketball and I was SO HAPPY!! We have been playing soccer also, which is good practice for my mission. So, in sacrament meetings here, the branch president just calls someone up to say a talk during church, without telling them beforehand. So, we get to write talks for sacrament every week. Imagine my surprise when I was called up to give a talk!! In Spanish!! They told us that usually they dont call people up that have only been there for a few days ..... but luckily I had a talk written out haha :) I love it here. Ever since I became a missionary, I have felt this feeling of total peace. I hope I can keep this feeling forever. I am so grateful to have Christ's gospel in my life. I love you!! Thank you for your prayers, they have been felt!


No comments:

Post a Comment